What’s blue, four-legged and four stories tall?
Discover the Denver you need to know. Operation Altitude is proud to have been selected by Visit Denver to manage their top client event celebrating the 10-year anniversary of their Customer Advisory Board. Hosting top meeting planners from around the country, their challenge was to surprise and amaze the group with exclusive, behind the scenes experiences for planners who see it and do it all on a regular basis.
- To kick off the event, Coohill’s Bridge was the stage for an evening of Colorado centric food complete with tasting stations, Colorado beers and local talent. Stretching across the Platte River, Coohill’s Bridge is a uniquely urban setting surrounded by steel girders, brick buildings and lots of energy. Just turn to the west, however, and the mountain views highlight why Denver offers the best of both worlds. The sumptuous summer evening was enhanced by décor with a casually elegant Farmer’s Market vibe.
- Final night festivities included a private concert from Big Head Todd on the field at Coors Field followed by a delightful dinner, themed entertainment and unbeatable sunset views from the loft atop Coors Field.
Off-the Beaten Track Activities: How do you impress a group of meeting planners who are regular visitors to the Denver area? Off-the grid, private access options are the only way to go.
- Golf with altitude at Denver’s premier luxury golf course.
- Behind the scenes VIP access at the Denver Art Museum’s Miro Exhibit, Clyfford Still Museum and Kirkland Museum. The Denver Art Museum exhibit of Miro was opened early for the group and lead by the Curator. Following these prime tours, the group stopped for champagne and manis at a nearby Spa.
- A guided B-Cycle Tour highlighted with stops at the Capital Steps (exactly One-Mile High!), Lunch at Union Station, and a cruise along the South Platte including a must-stop at the historical REI building to stock up on outdoor gear.
- A three-stop Brewery tour pairing local craft beers with our favorite food truck delicacies. It doesn’t get any more Denver than this!
Oh, and the answer is the iconic Blue Bear stationed at the Colorado Convention Center. “Born” in 2005, he lends his charming blue image to Denver’s branding and provides excellent opportunities to incorporate into a corporate group event. The 40-foot high bear is the creation of local artist Lawrence Argent.